Fresh Raspberry Mousse
- 30 minutes preparation time
- 4 servings
After the strawberry, the raspberry, along with the blueberry, is the most popular product in soft fruit. The antioxidant-rich berry is also highly versatile, allowing you to make everything from ice cream to mousse, pudding or coulis with the sweet and sour flavour of raspberry. Lightweight in texture and bursting with flavour, this raspberry mousse can be prepared within just a few minutes using a cream charger if everything is at hand. Add a few specks of raspberry coulis, and the mousse will glow ruby-red.
Raspberry Coulis Ingredients
- 500 g fresh raspberries, cleaned and chopped
- 4 g of fresh or frozen cranberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 lime
Raspberry Mousse Ingredients
- 6 tbsp raspberry coulis
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Prepare the raspberry coulis by combining the raspberries, frozen cranberries, sugar and lime juice in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Over low heat, cook the mixture for approximately 15 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved and the raspberries have softened. Once ready, remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Blend the raspberry coulis in a blender until the mixture is smooth and no visible chunks remain. Strain the mixture and set it aside.
- Prepare the mousse by combining the 6 heaped tablespoons of the raspberry coulis with the whipping cream and icing sugar.
- Strain the ingredients into a cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 13 bar. Shake the cream dispenser for 10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas and set it aside for 5 minutes.
Release the mousse into four serving glasses and drizzle a few specks of the remaining raspberry coulis on top. The raspberry mousse should be served immediately and combines perfectly with granola, yoghurt, with biscuits or stand on its own.
Smartwhip products are made to the highest of European standards with the German precision engineered lightweight aluminium and 100% food grade Italian Nitrous Oxide(N2O).